We are seeking to appoint a Head of Department for Physical Education. The successful candidate must be able to teach PE from KS3 up to KS5 and be responsible for managing the department into a new way of thinking and planning.
This is an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking, experienced, energetic and passionate Middle Leader who can contribute to the development of the PE department. Working closely alongside academic colleagues to create an outstanding environment which will ensure our school offers the very best experience for students.
Star Date: Aug 2023
What we are looking for?
- Degree in Sports Science, Physical Education or other relevant subject
- A certified teaching qualification from the UK or Ireland, such as B.Ed, PGCE/PGDE or equivalent (qualifications from USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand also considered )
- Proven experience of teaching and leading PE at key stage 3, 4 & 5 (KS5 Desirable not essential)
- The ability to share your outstanding practice
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
Salary and benefits package:
- Competitive Tax free salary
- Fully furnished apartment and utility bills provided or allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Annual return tickets, visa and residency
- End of service bonus
- Training and Development opportunity
- Career progression opportunities