English Teacher (Aug 2023)
We are seeking experienced English Teachers for our successful academies across the Middle East.
We welcome applications from exceptional professionals who have the the right blend of experience, creativity, organisation, passion and flair.
- Teach groups of students from all abilities and differentiate work accordingly
- Ensure all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives
- Ensure lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies
- Encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- Use technology to support exciting teaching, the development of skills, and homework provision
- Contribute to the development of the English Department offering creative opportunities to enrich the learning experience of students.
- Assesses and records student development, while identifying problem areas and areas which need attention and improvement
- Have excellent communication skills with students, colleagues, parents, and school leaders
- Maintains high levels of behaviour among students, while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines
- Passionate about learning beyond the curriculum
What we are looking for?
- A certified teaching qualification from the UK or Ireland, such as B.Ed, PGCE or equivalent (qualifications from USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand also considered )
- Exceptional subject knowledge, with extensive experience of teaching the British National Curriculum in Key Stages 3 and 4 (Key Stage 5 desirable but not essential)
- Experience of teaching IGCSE and AS/A level (not essential)
- A proven track record of providing outstanding teaching and learning.
- A willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities after school if required.
Salary and benefits package:
- Competitive Tax free salary
- Fully furnished apartment and utility bills provided or allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Annual return tickets, visa and residency
- End of service bonus
- Training and Development opportunity
- Career progression opportunities